Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stripping of the "Mother of the Year" award

The day isn't over yet...there's still time to redeem myself as a good mother and wife. Naaahh, its almost 11:00 and they're all still alive and kickin' so I think I've done my job. Without a doubt this has been the most lazy, don't do nuffin, sit on your butt till it hurts, zone out like you're on crack, live like you haven't a care in the world kind of weekend. I swear, most days I do more in an hour than I did the past two days. Oh, I managed to do a load of laundry and made a quick trip to the grocery store. Whoop-dee-doo. Oh, I forgot that I loaded and unloaded the dishwasher and baked some cherry cupcakes with whipped cream frosting to take for Father's Day lunch. Hmm...I stand corrected. Perhaps I was a bit hasty in chastising myself for being such a slug. Yeah, right. We got home from the out-laws, err, in-laws and I threw a small roast in the crock pot thinking (stupidly I might add) that it would cook really fast and we could have dinner a little later than usual but no big deal. What in the world was I smoking? At 8pm the sucker wasn't even half way to being done. "Looks like it's every man for himself tonight" I said with an air of nonchalance hoping that the troops wouldn't storm. I mean, it's not like I fix a 5 course meal every night or anything like that. I just feel like a total and complete loser if I see my family scrounging around trying to find something to eat. The kids are definitely old enough to make their own meals, and they do. Scott has a medical degree for crying out loud, I think he can open a can of soup and make a sandwich. It just makes me feel like I'm not doing my job or something. Scott found some frozen ravioli and fixed that. Betina had some of the ravioli and then some egg rolls and hot wings. (aaww, nothing like bar food to build strong bodies) I'm not really sure what Kris ate. He was in and out of the kitchen a few times probably hoping that a decent meal would magically apprear. Grow up. It seems the only family members who ate a proper dinner were the weenie dogs and that's only because they eat the same thing day after day and don't ever complain. And let me tell you, one little growl or groan out of a one of them, and they're on their own too. And what did I eat?? A coupla spoonsful of cottage cheese, one ravioli (only because Scott made me) a cupcake and 2 Spicy Nacho Doritos. Now THAT is some nutrition people!! Gotta be a food group in there somewhere. So, when I wake up in the middle of the night with heartburn that would wake the dead, I'll know why. Or if I hear bread wrappers rustling in the middle of the night and refrigerator lights coming on, I'll know Kris finally gave up on the Food Fairy. I think I'll go to bed now. I'll leave with this picture I took in San Diego somewhere. The Photoshop actions are by Kirsty Wiseman http://www.limegreenbogiegirl.blogspot.com/ Sweet dreams all.

No comments: