Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

Just more pictures from my trip to the lovely New England states a few weeks ago. I love fall so much. Can't tell, can you?

Today is election day and I am so excited. I truly have not been this excited about a presidential election in...well, probably never. I have such high hopes for what can be. I just hope it all turns out as I hope.

I had to stop at Wal-Mart last night to pick up some medication for my mother. She has a bad cold and cough. She called her doctor's office and I was really surprised that they didn't want to see her, yet they called in a prescription for cough medicine and some antibiotics. I'm not sure I agree with handing out antibiotics like Halloween candy without knowing for sure you are dealing with a bacterial infection, but hey, what do I know? So, I go up to the counter and the cough medication is $40 for a 2 ounce bottle. Huh-uh...it is NOT!! I talked at length with the pharmacist and while I understand she doesn't sit there all alone at night and just decide to jack up the prices of crap willy nilly, I still felt I needed to voice my opinion. I mean, if I hadn't paid for it mom would have never picked it up because she couldn't afford it. Criminy, I should have just tried to buy the crap on the street...I'm sure it would have been much cheaper.


Scott's childhoold friend, his best friend for as long as he can remember, died unexpectedly last week. It was definitely a shock, and my heart breaks for his family, and for my poor husband. Every memory he has from his childhood includes Matt.


I'm rambling...as usual so I guess I should go do something productive. Or not. This post has certainly not gone in the direction I had intended but I can always edit it later. Thank you to everyone who has sent me emails about the photos. I appreciate your comments.




1 comment:

buttercupbugs said...

Dear Ruth,
I LOVE your photos.....what a dream vacation for you. How wonderful of you to take your Mom. I love fall too, and have taken a gazillion pictures, but mine pale in comparison to yours. I check your blog every day to see if there are more! You are an amazing person Ruth, and more talent in one finger than I have in my whole body. xo Judy