Friday, January 13, 2006

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. It seems like every year I say I'm going to slow down and enjoy the season...and I never do. I missed being with my friends, and Judy, I never did make it to Utah did I? I was practically non-stop over the holidays and I think some of it was so I wouldn't have time to think about my dad. I miss him so much, and this was the first Christmas I can remember in my 50 years that I didn't buy him a bottle of Old Spice. I think I started buying that for him when I was about 5 and the tradition continued until this year. He always knew it would be under the tree...and he always acted surprised. It was a little game we played, and my heart aches that the game is over.

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Ruth, you are such an awesome photographer! (I wish I could learn to use my camera.) I am so sorry to hear about your father. I know how badly it hurts.

Anonymous said...

Ruth, I know how depressed you were and rightly so over the passing of your father. You are the most kind-hearted, loving, funny, crazy, warm, intelligent, fun, lovable person on this planet. All of us who know you are aware of this and we love you so much. You're a great friend to so many people and I just wanted you to know that. I'm so glad you started working on your blog again.