Friday, January 13, 2006

New Year, old stuff

So far, January 2006 has been less than stellar!! I have been fighting pneumonia for the past couple of weeks, that's been LOADS of fun....and oh yeah, I almost caught our house on fire New Year's Day. Yep, it's true. The story I'm sticking to (in case a fire investigator is reading) is that while under the influence of right lower lobe pneumonia and a huge dose of Nyquil, I stacked an enormous amount of cardstock on a shelf in my office. Some time later I thought I smelled something burning. Well, just an FYI for ya'll....stacking paper within an inch of a halogen light WILL cause said paper to burn. Slowly at first...smoldering kind of burning. I've been trying to get the smell out of the house ever since.

My daughter left yesterday for Costa Rica. She's part of a study abroad program and will be there for the next 5 months. I miss her so much. She did have an opportunity to call me today to let me know that she arrived safely and that the family she's living with are very nice. I hope she has a wonderful experience there.

No comments: