Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tired Tuesday

I took this picture at the Bellagio last week and thought it looked very summery.

Today was the second day of my new job. And while I can't talk about the patients, let me just say that this is one of the most rewarding things I have done since I worked with the victims of hurrican Katrina. I'm so excited about this opportunity and there is so much to learn and we have quite a few projects in the works. I'm so jazzed to be a part of it. I'm still working at my other job as well for the time being and I'm one tired girl tonight. I really didn't think the med school job was going to start so soon and I don't like not being able to give two weeks notice, so I guess I'll keep them both and then see how long I can hold up. The med school job is only 20 hours a week for now and my other boss is willing to let me work when I can so that's a good thing.
I was going to post a picture of the "hideous blouse" (see previous post) but I got worried that maybe, just maybe someone I know may have that blouse and would be greatly offended. While I seriously doubt that any of my friends would indeed own such an unattractive article of clothing....I just can't take any chances.

My daughter, Sara 'made' me buy some sticky toffee pudding ice cream tonight and I think I'll go grab a spoon and flop on the couch to try it. She called me a few nights ago and I think she was high on the stuff, seriously. I wasn't sure I could find it here, but I did and so I'll try it and see if she's correct in saying that it's the best thing ever. I seriously doubt that, but I'll give it a shot.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous photo! Good to hear you are enjoying your job Ruth x

Vanda said...

I adore that photo Ruth. I'm so pleased about the job, but take care of yourself and don't work too hard xXx