Saturday, September 15, 2007

Trouble's a brewin'

Hmmm...something's up in this house and I'm being kept in the dark. Today is my birthday and it appears that my family, most notably my adorable daughter, are speaking in whispers. The only thing I know is that Sara has mentioned to me twice that I need to kind of "disappear" around 6:30. I think that 's doable. I just may go treat myself to a manicure or some other decadent indulgence. Can you tell I don't get out much? Anyway, it's been a good day so far. I had a lady here earlier to give me an estimate on cleaning my house once a week. Let me just say that *I* wouldn't clean this house for that amount of money. Come to think of it, sheesh, I clean it for free....no wonder I do such a crappy job, there's no incentive!!!! Scott's eyes kind of bulged out of his head when I told him I wanted her every week and how much ($60) but I was ready for that. I responded with, "So, do YOU want to do it? Do YOU want to spend your day off cleaning this place?" I knew he would come around to my way of thinking. We both get home so late every evening that mopping the floor is the last thing I wanna do. We have a large home and with kids and dogs there's always something out of place or dirty.
Enough about that.
Back to me and my birthday. hehe. I don't feel 52. There are days when I feel 152, and most likely look it too, but most days, I honestly don't feel over...say...30. While I'm not one of those who even considers having a face lift or botox, I'm not liking this growing old crap very much. I can feel the sometimes not so suttle reminders that my body gives me. "wanna sit cross-legged on the floor for an hour? HA, I don't think so." While I hate the aging process....what's the alternative? I'm just sayin' that I'm sorta kinda going into my 'old age' kicking and screaming which pretty much goes hand in hand with my personality I think. Stubborn. So, while I'm here and able, I want to enjoy my life as much as I possibly can. I want to be spontaneous, I want to travel, I want to laugh, and most of all I want to be around a long, long time to enjoy the truly amazing people my children have grown up to be. I loved and adored them as children and now I respect and admire them along with still loving them like crazy.
So....we'll see what the rest of today and tonight brings. All I know is this--- as long as I have my loved ones right here with me, I am the happiest, most lucky 52 year old woman on the planet. It's gonna be a great day. It already is. And the fact that I get to share it with Sara's friends too whom I love, love, love...well, that's just the buttercream frosting on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

Awww, happy birthday Ruth sweetie, you funny, happy, lovely lady. I hope that whatever was brewing was jolly wonderful, and lots of photos were taken.
E
xx

Unknown said...

Happy birthday for yesterday Ruth! xx