Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving weekend

Ugh....I don't think I will be able to eat another turkey sandwich for at least a month of Sundays. Seriously. I roasted a huge turkey and for reasons known only to my mother, she roasted a turkey as well. (she probably thought mine would suck and wanted to have one for a backup) At any rate, we had more food than should be allowed by law. I swear I peeled 20 pounds of potatoes. But, it was a good time. I didn't really stuff myself to the point of being unable to move let alone breathe, but I did munch most of the rest of the evening on all the goodies. Thanksgiving leftovers are my fav, but not so much after 3 days. The day after it's like, "Oh yippie, turkey sandwiches and all the yummy side dishes!" The second day it's more like, "What? you mean there's STILL turkey left?" and by the the third day you're screaming, "Am I in hell? Is this stuff reproducing in the fridge or what? Will this madness ever end?!" So today I had had it up to here (pointing to the top of my head) and decided that I was going to freeze the rest of the turkey and toss out the remainng side dishes....except for the desserts. Take that you evil turkey dinner monster.
I don't like to throw food away, but honestly, the kids weren't buying the, "Hey guys! we're having turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy and dressing enchiladas smothered in cranberry sauce." I tried to figure out how to make a pizza or nachos with them but Martha Stewart I am not.

Scott and I went shopping yesterday for a big screen HD tv. It's all so confusing...not to mention expensive. But, we ended up finding one we really liked so it's in our home now...just waiting for the cable guys to come and install the hd-r box or whatever they call it. We may never go to the movies ever again. (especially after what we spent) Still, I think it was worth it. In fact, I think I'll go park my butt on the couch and watch it now. taa taa.

2 comments:

Aubrey Harns said...

Congrats on your new TV. It is all so confusing nowadays...plasma, lcd, projection, hdtv...blah-blah-blah! I'm glad you found one you like - that's what counts. Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Us too!
Blessings,
Aubrey

Amanda C. said...

Ha Ha Ha. Ruth you are so funny. I think that monster is at my house now... I think I'm going to become a big turkey if I don't eat something else soon! Save me Ruth!!! Save me!!!... ... ... Ps- Congrats on your new arrival... TV's are my favorite next to chocolate!