Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!! I started 2008 off with a great start and I got to cross off another "things to do before I die" wish off my list. I got to go to the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena, California. I remember watching this parade every year on tv when I was a little girl and I would always wonder if you could smell the flowers on the floats as they passed by. They were a magnificent mix of every flower you can imagine. I loved the fact that the floats had to be constructed from all organic material. Beans, rice, seeds, wood fiber. So when a friend asked me earlier in the year if I wanted to go, I jumped at the chance. Scott isn't in to flowers or parades so I left him home to take down a 10 foot mostly dead Christmas tree. (served him right)
There were 5 of us all together and I think I was excited enough for all of us. We left Las Vegas early New Year's morning and drove to Pasadena. It was mostly an uneventful trip, except for the car we saw in flames on the side of the road and the 5 semi-trucks blown over on their sides by high winds. That part was pretty scary as we were being blown around quite a bit.
We were able (with a small fee) to walk up and down two different streets and get a close up view of the floats. I was in awe of the work it must have taken to make these beautiful floats. The air was filled with the scent of all these glorious flowers (and an occasional churro) and I couldn't get enough. I seriously took over 300 pictures. Gotta love digital!!!!
These are just a few of the photos I've had a chance to look at and crop. I'm hoping to do more this weekend while Scott is making rounds at the hospital.
I'm also cutting out some of the time I'm spending at my other job. The job at the med school is making me somewhat irritated, but nothing I can't handle. I'm seriously going to try and drop the other job within the next few months. The sooner the better I think. That's on my list of things to do in 2008. EARLY 2008.

I wish you all a very happy new year filled with health, happiness, love, and prosperity. Live everyday and enjoy all this life has to offer.

1 comment:

Amanda C. said...

That was so much fun! I was happy you decided to go! Although next year I'm going with a map! He he he