Wednesday, March 26, 2008

aaaaaahhhhhhh-ccchhhhooooooo!!!!!

This is me this morning. See, I really did try to go to work. I mean, I had on my favorite sweater and I had set my alarm for 4am just so I could get up in time to do my eyebrows. It was just not to be. Allergy season is smackdab on top of me and it's making me miserable. This (pointing to the picture below) is what I'm dealing with. Pollen. And lots of it, baby. It's on the dogs, it's on the car, it's on the sidewalk as you can plainly see. Lord have mercy I feel like I'm dyin'.
This lovely batch of pollen is from the pine trees in our yard. Oh, and they're not finished...there's more to come. They just started a few days ago. And the lovely pile you see before you is from the infamous Las Vegas wind that blows 362 days a year. Yeah, I love it here...Wooo Hoo, Vegas Baby!!!
So, after being up since 1:30 this morning and using a box and a half of Kleenex not to mention watching 3 back to back episodes of "Gene Simmons: Family Jewels" I knew I was too sick to go to work. Watching Gene Simmons was the clue here, people. Although, I do have to say that I find the show slightly amusing. I was never by any stretch of the imagination a KISS fan...in fact I pretty much hated them and I always thought he was an egotistical ass. But, in some weird "my brain isn't functioning properly due to high levels of histimine" I rather enjoyed the show. But I digress....back to calling in sick on my half day and lounging around the house in my jammies until...well, I'm still not dressed. I thought I would go out into the world of hideous microbes just waiting to attack my immune system and double dog dare them to infiltrate the surgical mask I was wearing just so I could take a few photos.

The threat I made recently in regards to pulling out the lilac bush if it didn't produce any flowers this spring must have made a real impact on the poor, pathetic plant. I have many beautiful flowers to enjoy this spring. See, sometimes threats can be a good thing.
I also have some gardenias blooming. Love them. My roses look like crap though. I didn't make it to the nursery to buy lady bugs this year and I have tons of aphids all over them. Wonder if it's too late to get them?

Still not sleeping very well. Never been a 'good' sleeper for as long as I can remember but the older I get, the tougher it is to get up and go to work in the morning after only having about 4 hours sleep a night. A friend was telling me about this weird concoction of herbs that would for sure help me get to sleep and stay asleep. I told her I thought I would pass...sounded too VooDooish for me and she said, "Well, how do you know you won't like it unless you try it? You can't form an opinion if you won't at LEAST give it a try." I dunno....I've never smoked crack or shot heroin but I'm purdy dang sure I wouldn't like them and I don't think I'll be trying either one any time soon just to give an honest and fair opinion. Screw that.

So...when the hell are the allergy meds going to start kicking in? Is "Gene Simmons: Family Jewels" on during the day???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG you're watching Gene Simmons. You must be dying! Great pictures and I feel bad about your asthma and allergy problems.Get well soon so we can laugh without you coughing and choking to death every 5 seconds.Love you. K