Sunday, September 28, 2008

Beautiful Things Part I

Paul Newman. I've had a crush on him as long as I can remember. My dad and I loved to watch Cool Hand Luke together every time it was on tv. Those gorgeous blue eyes, and that smirk. I remember one of the first pieces of mail that I received when I went away to college was a postcard of Paul Newman. Of course it was really signed by my dad, but I had a good laugh and my dorm mates thought it was cool. I'm so sad to find out that he's gone. He was one of the most beautiful men I have ever seen.
This is the birthday present Kris made for me. Isn't is fabulous? I can't believe he took the time to draw all this on white paper. Wow. I absolutely love it.
This is my Sara. She was home this weekend and even though we didn't get to spend a lot of time together, I got the chance to take this picture of her and do a little credit card damage while shopping. She's beautiful and I wish she had been able to stay home a little longer.
These are a couple of shots I took the other morning on my way to a meeting at the butt crack of dawn. I was actually putting gas in my car when I noticed what a beautiful sunrise it was and hurriedly drove up to the top of a mesa to get these shots. Gorgeous, huh?
It's been a long weekend. I'm tired and I'm about to shuffle off to bed. We just finished watching the season premier of Dexter...and for some reason I just wasn't in to it like I was last season. There are very few things on tv that I watch anymore....I just get bored. Maybe tonight was just a case of being overly tired. So as I sit here with my eyes at half mast...I think I'll call it a night. Beautiful Things Part II coming soon.

1 comment:

buttercupbugs said...

Ruth, I
I'm sorry I missed your birthday..... I hope it was a happy one. Your gift from Chris is beautiful. He is a gifted artist (takes after his Mom) I'm sure you'll treasure this forever. Happy Birthday Ruth, I love and miss you, and always grateful for your friendship. xo Judy