Sunday, October 05, 2008

It's Fall....FINALLY

Well, not so much "this" part of the country, but at least it's under 100 degrees during the day now which is a HUGE plus in my book. It's actually pleasant at night which is also good.
I went to the Bellagio yesterday after I dropped Scott off at the airport. (he had to go to a wedding and I wasn't up for it) So, here are my 'early autumn' offerings. I get to see autumn
in all it's glory (I hope) soon when we go to New England. Can't wait to take those pictures.
Isn't he the coolest thing in the forest? I wanted to jump the little guard fence so I could touch him. I wonder if he's rubbery? Oh the stupid things that jump into my mind. Like it really matters.
I rather liked this picture. Just wish I knew where I could buy white pumpkins with the orange in the creases. How cool are those?

And a beautiful tiger lily I saw that just begged to have it's picture taken. I'm really off my game today. I spent all day yesterday running errands and driving all over creation, and today was supposed to be my sit around in my jammies and do a bunch of nothing. Well, if you call two loads of laundry, gutting the refrigerator and cleaning it out, cleaning out the pantry yet AGAIN, and putting up Halloween decorations a bunch of nothing...well then, I don't know what to tell you. Whose idea was it to work 5 days and have 2 off? What kind of idiot was that? I think there should be a happy medium there somewhere like work 3 days one week and 4 the next. Something more evenly distributed I say.
I guess I should finish getting the dusty Halloween stuff out of the garage and figure out where I'm going to put it so I can get the cars back in the garage. Kris help for about 3.2 seconds and then went back upstairs. Betina lost interest about 10 minutes later. I'm all alone in my quest for the festively decorated house. Why do I even bother!!! :)

Fine. I'm going to go crank down the a/c....slip on some big o' socks....sip on mulled apple cider...maybe make some pumpkin cookies and just pretend it's really autumn here in the stinkin' desert. There, that'll show 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo.Mmm...nice blog...