Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Obsessed? Eehh..maybe for a little bit

A leader I am not. While I'm definitely not a sheep, I still tend to follow a lot of the time. I'd like to think it's more out of curiosity then anything else. So getting "sucked in" (sorry) to the hype around these books and the movie was bound to happen. I had heard all about it and while at the bookstore last week I decided to buy the first book...just to check it out. I mean, it was only 8 bucks, no big deal if it was horrible.
I really LOVED the first book. Read it in record time and went back for the second one. By now I'm having to suffer the looks, head shakes and comments from Kris and Betina. They cannot believe I'm reading something so "childish" and "stupid". Just because they're in to reading all of the works of Carl Sagan and his thoughts on the universe right now doesn't mean I can't enjoy a little mindless reading from time to time.
I'll say it again....I was hooked!!!! Ok, I admit it, I've read all four books in the series in less than a week. Seriously no sleep for me! I kind of lost interest during the third book and thruth be told, I only bought the fourth and final book to finish up the story. I dunno, started out great, and then it was more than I could take. Just dumb.

It's been my escape this week. Mom is out of the hosptial and has stayed with us since Friday night and I needed a little "bubblegum" for the brain. It certainly served it's purpose in that department, that's for sure. Between taking care of her and all the craziness at work it did the trick. I feel much better :) I should read mindless drivel more often. Or maybe I could just get some sleep and have the same effect.

No comments: