Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

By now I guess everyone has seen either the video or the picture of this poor, sweet little koala from Australia. It made me cry. The wildfire situation in Australia is so devastating and having worked with the American Red Cross after hurricanes Katrina and Rita, I know the need for help is going tobe tremendous. There was just something in the way that poor little koala trusted the fireman that really got to me,so I decided that instead of doing my usual Valentine stuff for my family like going out for dinner and small little gifts, that I would donate to a few of the animal rescue organizations in Australia instead. I have given my "gift" to my family and they loved it. I think we may have just started a new tradition in our family and I only wish we had done this sooner! My heart goes out to the people of Australia and my thoughts are with them.
So, if you're interested in learning more about a few of the wildlife organizations...

http://www.wildlifevictoria.org.au/

or

http://www.rspcavic.org/


Happy Love Day to everyone.

No comments: