Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm still here

There are no pictures with this post. I'm too lazy to look through the 4 million photos I have on my computer and pick something. Yes, I know I'm lame. Thank you for the reminder. I am also the most dull and boring person on the planet and I know this to be true. Lately my life has been go to work and come home. Well, that's not entirely true. Last week we went out to a benefit show. One of Jeff's roommates was hit by a car while walking across the street...and they drove off. Hit and run. She is 19 years old, and was in the hospital for a month. Anyway, a bunch of the kids got together to play music and perform dance numbers (Betina and a friend did a belly dance routine that was awesome) to raise money for her. Besides the tremendous amount of money that they brought in, we had a great time listening to all the different bands. Then, after she was released from the hospital I've been going over to play mom/nurse to make sure she's eating and being taken care of. Don't ask about her mother...just don't. Again, it never ceases to amaze me how people just decide they don't want to be parents anymore. Just like that. I'm done...you're on your own...good luck...taa taa.
So...other than that I'm just pretty low key around here. The grant that pays my job is up on March 31 and part of me wishes I won't get picked up again. I need the money...who doesn't? I still have my mom to take care of but sheesh, a little time at home would be pretty nice for a change.
I have nothing funny or witty to say tonight so I guess that should be my cue to end this. Have a great weekend!

No comments: