Monday, March 21, 2011

Ugh

I woke up yesterday to a cold sore right smack dab in the middle of my bottom lip the size of Fukushima Diichi nuclear reactor #4. I'm that attractive...and deadly.

I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks and tomorrow is my first day back at work and I don't imagine people will be asking me too many questions about my trip. I think it will probably go something like this, "Hey, (oh God, what is that thing on her lip? did she bring half of Savannah back with her?) Umm, I want to hear all about your trip, but I'm really busy right now, gotta go! (yikes, that was 'invasion of the body snatchers' scary)

I'm using all the remedies I can think of right now to lessen the likelihood of a complete and total meltdown....of my face. Hopefully something will work or I'll have to wear a surgical mask to work and pretend the air quality is pitiful and my asthma is acting up. I dunno...the dogs don't seem afraid of me yet so maybe it's not as bad as I think it is. Who am I kidding, this thing should have been included on the last US Census.

I'm too weirded out to write about our fabulous trip. Maybe in a few days if it doesn't engulf my entire face.

No comments: