Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The Latest News

I don't have any new photos to post. My father died in August and I've been pretty depressed since then. I guess it doesn't really matter how old you are when your parents die....it still hurts like hell.
My mother has been away for the past couple of weeks visiting with family and we're keeping an eye on Charley for her. He has learned to fit right in with the other two weiner dogs and is growing like crazy.
I haven't taken any new photos lately...haven't really felt much like it. I have been doing productive things with my time though. I've been volunteering with the Red Cross for the past 2 weeks. We have had so many people from the Katrina effected area come here for one reason or another and so I volunteered to help out as a case worker. It has been a very humbling experience for me, to see people who have lost everything and still be able to smile and look forward to the future.
Other than that, nothing else to talk about. Maybe now that the weather is changing and it's not so stinkin' hot, I'll feel more like going out and taking some photos.

No comments: