Tuesday, May 08, 2007

You're Fired


Well, my day started of on an absolutely lovely note. I had to make the dreaded phone call to (and I'm using the term loosely) housekeeper to inform her that her services were no longer needed. There were a multitude of things I really wanted to say to her but thought better of it. Keep it professional...don't call her a "complete and utter idiot" Take the high road, be the better person. Ok, you get the idea. This is why she got the boot.


I paid her for 4 hours. That was $40.00. She took it upon herself to stay EIGHT HOURS and damn well expected to be paid for it. Not to mention that she only got to TWO rooms in my house, the family room and the kitchen. Now... lest you think we are total and complete slob-o's, it simply isn't true. She found it more important to scrub-a-dub-dub all my vases than to actually mop the floor. So...I didn't get my downstairs bathroom cleaned, I didn't get my sink scrubbed, I didn't get the vucuum swished around. Ugh. My kids walked in the house from school only to be told, "If you mess up that kitchen, your ass is mine!" and, "I've been cleaning my F***ing ass off." Nice touch, don't you think?


So, I bemoaned the fact that I just can't seem to find a decent housekeeper as of late. Scott said I should give her another chance that perhaps she was overwhelmed with the size of the house. ohhhkkkkk....she wasn't asked to clean upstairs at all...wasn't asked to clean our room or bathroom. Just the living room, family room, bathroom, dining room and kitchen. Hello...we don't live in a huge house. So, thinking I was just being a total snot, I relented and asked her to come back, and she did. I returned home from work to the tell tale smell of disinfectants. That's a good sign, right? eehh, not so much. My little eye spied the glass I had left on the end table the night before. hhmm. No dusting, the kitchen counters hadn't been cleaned, nor had the microwave or stove top. Ok, just what the freakin' hell DID she do? Oh, it appears she helped herself to a piece of Kristopher's birthday cake and left the dishes in the sink and crumbs on the counter. Yeah, I love cleaning the house after the cleaning lady. Criminy. I was beyond mad. I just about popped a clot right then and there.


But I digress.....I told her why she wouldn't be invited back to Casa Denton, and she only had this to say, "Did you like the way I cleaned the banister?" and "Well, at least you called me." ????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I was dreading the call because I really do hate confrontation, and I thought for sure that she would give me a hard time. So, all in all, I guess it wasn't so bad after all. Except I don't have a housekeeper. (not that i had one in the first place) So I have decided to hire my oldest son to do it. Why not keep the money in the family, right? He doesn't live at home anymore so I can't put it on the "chore chart" but I know he'll do a good job. And if he doesn't, I'll fire him too. hehe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your house is large but not that large. I know that was a hard thing for you to do but it had to be done. good luck with your next cleaning person.

Anonymous said...

I'll come and clean your house for free. I'll work for cupcakes!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

im sure havimg fun reading your blog - this passage is too funny.
And i will work for cupcakes too xx