Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Tis a glorious day! I love St. Patrick's Day. I'm an Irish girl (and I have the temper to prove it) My mother's family is from Cork and I remember as a kid I thought that was about the dumbest sounding place I had ever heard of. I wanted to have ancestors from someplace cool, not 'cork'. Eventually I grew up.
Today I was at the goodie/chocolate making job. I was creating chocolate rabbits for the better part of the day and I will admitedly not be a contender for "Employee of the Month" due to major slacking. My co-worker (lovely little leprechaun lass that she is), put a movie on while we were wrapping and packaging Easter goodies and needless to say, it took way longer than it should have to get all that stuff done. Oopps. I don't usually goof off like that, but today was just one of those days where I couldn't for the life of me get a good start.
I would love to go to one of the few Irish pubs (don't laugh) here in town but we tried that last year and on any other day of the year you can just walk in and buy a drink or food. But on St. Patrick's Day there's a $20 cover charge. I don't do cover charges. Not to mention that the price of a Guiness goes up to $10. It's ridiculous I tell you. So here we sit. Sometimes living by your principals is tough...and makes for a boring St.Patrick's Day. :)
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!!!

p.s. The picture at the top is one I took a few years ago when I got to go on my dream trip to Ireland.

No comments: