Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year

Surprise!!!! I'm back. I'm not sure why I've been away so long. Work, family, holidays, carpal tunnel syndrome, small pox, and a bad case of the mange....those are my only excuses. Please accept them.

I don't know about you but my new year started out in typical Ruth style....crappy. I left yesterday morning for yet another fun filled week in Kentucky. I was pretty sure that Kentucky wasn't a real hot spot for New Year's Eve fun, but that was until I got to aairport. Full flight and it seemed to me that I managed to get on a flight with an Octomom convention. There were screaming kids in practically every aisle. I was kinda hoping the flight attendants would pass out packets of knock out drops instead of peanuts....but it was only a dream. It was a long flight from Vegas to Chicago. The airlines only accept credit cards for alcoholic beverages these days and I didn't want to max out my card. There had already been one flight delay and now I had a 2 hour layover in Chicago. Due to mechanical difficulties that turned into 3 1/2 hours. It was 12 degrees in Chicago and after they worked on the plane for awhile they deemed it worthy of flight. Somehow I didn't take much comfort in that. Why couldn't we just have a new plane? Once again, screaming children took over the aircraft and I for one was glad we only had a 45 minute flight. It was the longest 45 minutes in history.
I needed to take a taxi to my hotel and my driver spoke so little English that I had to write down the address for him. About 2 minutes into the drive I'm thinking to myself, "Hmm, is he really a taxi driver or did I just get into some random vehicle?" He was driving like a maniac and after glancing at the spedometer and seeing the needle past 80 I was afraid to look again. I felt like we were going warp speed down the freeway and Scotty was telling me the we needed more dilithium crystals and Mr. Spock was saying it was totally illogical.

So...here I am...smack dab in the middle of a king sized bed....a tilted four poster bed that's making me a little dizzy to look at it. I made it through one day of this clinic and I have 5 more to go. I'm in need of some good thoughts. I've walked to theCircle K twice since I've been here and that's about all there is around here. It's freakin' freezing out there...so cold that last night I was trying to call home while I walked the one block to the Circle K and my fingers were so cold I couldn't get my iPhone to work. Seriously. What's the world coming to?

Gonna try to get some sleep now. We have a long day tomorrow.
So anyway, I'm back. whatever that means.

No comments: